Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

You can now like us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/darkstormservers/

Author Topic: Origin of In Game Names  (Read 612 times)

Offline Corvixin The Dishonored

• Secretly a turtle, shhh dont tell Zafiro!
  • Rank Manager
  • Veteran
  • Tortle Warlord
    • Grand Matrix Gaming
Re: Origin of In Game Names
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 04:05:54 PM »
when I was 11, my dad helped me get a steam account to play tf2 with him. my name was " an 11 year old kid". we named it that so it would say "you were killed by an 11 year old kid." we had fun with that. then my birthday came around, so we changed my name to A 12 Year Old Kid. and ever since then, I have chosen to stick with it.
I had a friend who did something similar on xbox live, he would either have the name of 420bananas or 200babies.

Sometimes when you win, you lose -Robin Williams
THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!

Offline PuddinBucket

• Retired Staff
  • Group 1 Carcinogen
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 08:18:36 AM »
Origin of Name: Rei N. Hikari

When I First Got Steam I Originally Used the Same Username as My Email Username, But then I Realized "Oh Hey, Steam Usernames Allow Spaces" So Around the Time I got Steam I Was an Avid Fan of Megaman Battle Network, and me, being the Eurobeat-Listening Cancerous F*ckass that I am, wanted to Change my Name to the Game's protagonist, Lan Hikari / Netto Hikari but then I Thought "Jeez that Would be Unoriginal Tho" (I Know, Shocking for Someone who is 12 Years old which is the Usual Age of an Average Deviant Art Sonic OC Creator) So I Decided to Combine it with the Name of a Fanmade Vocaloid named Rei Kagene and Rei Hikari was the Result

........But then Asgards (A Race that I've Worked on Since I Was just 9 years old) got out of Creativity Limbo and After a Long but Brief Friendship with a person that a Few of You Knew As bananaassasin988 Asgards Became Fully Fleshed out as an Original Thing and I Started Writing Webnovels, Rei Hikari Got an "N" Added to it which is his Middle Name "Namikaze" and is the Name of a Hero-Rank Pegasus Group Asgard who is a Cancerous Meme-making F*ck who is a Weird Gmod Video Connoisseur who is The main Protagonist of Adventurous Misfists who is a Distant Descendant of Idate Sarutobi who is Legacy of the Asgard's Main Protagonist (Idate is Still Alive and Young in Rei's Era Because Asgards Don't Age, Rei and Him Hang out often).

Speaking of Which, Pardon the Shameless Self-Advertisement but I Recommend that you Read my Novels, Just Search up "Pegasus Group Asgard" on Steam, it's a Steam Group for my Overseas Readers, I Already Completed Season 1 Episode 2 of Legacy of the Asgard on August and it's Up on there, Episode 1 is a Relatively Short Read compared to Episode 2 but I Do Insist on you Reading the Prolouge if you do Decide to take a Gander as to get a Handle on what's Going on. EDIT: ALSO CHECK OUT MY DEVIANTART JUST SEARCH BRONYGUY13, IT'S NOT CANCEROUS MS PAINT ART I SWEAR I ONLY USE PAINT TOOL SAI AND MY WACOM TABLET[SHAMELESS SELF-ADVERTISEMENT OVER :(]

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:26:24 AM by PuddinBucket »

Giving the Laws of Thermodynamics the Middle Finger since November 2000

Offline Corvixin The Dishonored

• Secretly a turtle, shhh dont tell Zafiro!
  • Rank Manager
  • Veteran
  • Tortle Warlord
    • Grand Matrix Gaming
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »
Origin of Name: Rei N. Hikari

When I First Got Steam I Originally Used the Same Username as My Email Username, But then I Realized "Oh Hey, Steam Usernames Allow Spaces" So Around the Time I got Steam I Was an Avid Fan of Megaman Battle Network, and me, being the Eurobeat-Listening Cancerous F*ckass that I am, wanted to Change my Name to the Game's protagonist, Lan Hikari / Netto Hikari but then I Thought "Jeez that Would be Unoriginal Tho" (I Know, Shocking for Someone who is 12 Years old which is the Usual Age of an Average Deviant Art Sonic OC Creator) So I Decided to Combine it with the Name of a Fanmade Vocaloid named Rei Kagene and Rei Hikari was the Result

........But then Asgards (A Race that I've Worked on Since I Was just 9 years old) got out of Creativity Limbo and After a Long but Brief Friendship with a person that a Few of You Knew As bananaassasin988 Asgards Became Fully Fleshed out as an Original Thing and I Started Writing Webnovels, Rei Hikari Got an "N" Added to it which is his Middle Name "Namikaze" and is the Name of a Hero-Rank Pegasus Group Asgard who is a Cancerous Meme-making F*ck who is a Weird Gmod Video Connoisseur who is The main Protagonist of Adventurous Misfists who is a Distant Descendant of Idate Sarutobi who is Legacy of the Asgard's Main Protagonist (Idate is Still Alive and Young in Rei's Era Because Asgards Don't Age, Rei and Him Hang out often).

Speaking of Which, Pardon the Shameless Self-Advertisement but I Recommend that you Read my Novels, Just Search up "Pegasus Group Asgard" on Steam, it's a Steam Group for my Overseas Readers, I Already Completed Season 1 Episode 2 of Legacy of the Asgard on August and it's Up on there, Episode 1 is a Relatively Short Read compared to Episode 2 but I Do Insist on you Reading the Prolouge if you do Decide to take a Gander as to get a Handle on what's Going on. EDIT: ALSO CHECK OUT MY DEVIANTART JUST SEARCH BRONYGUY13, IT'S NOT CANCEROUS MS PAINT ART I SWEAR I ONLY USE PAINT TOOL SAI AND MY WACOM TABLET[SHAMELESS SELF-ADVERTISEMENT OVER :(]
Mate, you are a cancerous meme lord XD thanks for reviving the post.

Sometimes when you win, you lose -Robin Williams

Offline PsBoxFour

• R e c e n t * O v e r l o r d *
  • Regular
  • I'm a god damn Space Marine
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »
How my name came to be was on YouTube, I was watching a whole lot of gun syncs by its community and I wanted to start making some gun syncs but I never came around to it, I was watching some by the one named, PsBoxOne, So I changed it a Four and thats my name in a shellnut.
DOOM Is life
Game Show Host
House Builder
Recent Veteran
Odesza: im gonna go bleach my eyeballs now

Online Ouskiller

• Can you fuking don't?
  • Rank Manager
  • Savior
  • netherland Xd
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 10:18:49 PM »
How my name came to be was on YouTube, I was watching a whole lot of gun syncs by its community and I wanted to start making some gun syncs but I never came around to it, I was watching some by the one named, PsBoxOne, So I changed it a Four and thats my name in a shellnut.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PsboxOne

hello

Offline PsBoxFour

• R e c e n t * O v e r l o r d *
  • Regular
  • I'm a god damn Space Marine
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 10:30:19 PM »
Yes
DOOM Is life
Game Show Host
House Builder
Recent Veteran
Odesza: im gonna go bleach my eyeballs now

Offline jpenczek

• Probational Staff
  • I love Darkstorm!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 03:22:38 PM »
First initial-last name
j-penczek
jpenczek

Offline ·Zafiro

• Developer
  • Forum Manager
  • Veteran
  • (repwhoring)
    • Steam Link
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 11:47:21 AM »
I'd change my name once every 1-3 months before having any reputation and just being a minge, since I stuck to DS I stuck to this name which I originally saw someone use in wow.

It also turns out there's a certain type of entertainer with a very similar name, my old profile picture pointed that out.

Offline Linkjay

• that guy who
  • Root Developer
  • Savior
  • how 2 coed
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 09:53:46 PM »
It also turns out there's a certain type of entertainer with a very similar name, my old profile picture pointed that out.

hehehehehe

Need to stalk me?

Add me on Steam

Offline Nien Nunb (Traitorous)

• Oracle of the Memes
  • Forum Manager
  • Saint
  • Only Half Jewish
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »

hehehehehe
hehehehehe

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” – Josef Stalin

Online Ouskiller

• Can you fuking don't?
  • Rank Manager
  • Savior
  • netherland Xd
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »

hehehehehe
hehehehehe

hello

Offline Sparky™

• Official AFK addict.
  • Staff Supervisor
  • Sentinel
  • Garbage Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 05:25:33 AM »
Well SparkyTM is based off my Older username, Sparky_Panda...

I came up with that because i thought Pikachu looked like a small electric panda when i was a kid. Every time i watched Pokemon on TV i said this Out-loud. When i made my steam account i was looking to change my online name from "HugAFailure" another name i regularly used on Xbox. and so  Sparky_panda was born.

K-D
I made Hugafailure Because when i would go 50-0 On BF3, i would say, and i quote, "MAN i wanna give those failures a hug!"  And that was born.
GhillieArab was made as my pro account and is pretty self explanatory.

All you server vets have seen me as Sparky_panda.

If anyone here has been raped on BF3, MW2, or BFH by Hugafailure OR GhillieArab on Xbox, Or GhillieArab on PS3, Than that was ME.