News

You can check out any new posts by clicking the "New Posts" button to the right!

Origin of In Game Names

Corvixin The Dishonored · 1199

Offline Corvixin The Dishonored

• Secretly a turtle, shhh dont tell Zafiro!
  • Superadmin
  • Veteran
  • Tortle Warlord
    • Grand Matrix Gaming
Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 04:05:54 PM

when I was 11, my dad helped me get a steam account to play tf2 with him. my name was " an 11 year old kid". we named it that so it would say "you were killed by an 11 year old kid." we had fun with that. then my birthday came around, so we changed my name to A 12 Year Old Kid. and ever since then, I have chosen to stick with it.
I had a friend who did something similar on xbox live, he would either have the name of 420bananas or 200babies.

Sometimes when you win, you lose -Robin Williams
THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!

Offline PuddinBucket

• Retired Staff
  • Group 1 Carcinogen
Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 08:18:36 AM

Origin of Name: Rei N. Hikari

When I First Got Steam I Originally Used the Same Username as My Email Username, But then I Realized "Oh Hey, Steam Usernames Allow Spaces" So Around the Time I got Steam I Was an Avid Fan of Megaman Battle Network, and me, being the Eurobeat-Listening Cancerous F*ckass that I am, wanted to Change my Name to the Game's protagonist, Lan Hikari / Netto Hikari but then I Thought "Jeez that Would be Unoriginal Tho" (I Know, Shocking for Someone who is 12 Years old which is the Usual Age of an Average Deviant Art Sonic OC Creator) So I Decided to Combine it with the Name of a Fanmade Vocaloid named Rei Kagene and Rei Hikari was the Result

........But then Asgards (A Race that I've Worked on Since I Was just 9 years old) got out of Creativity Limbo and After a Long but Brief Friendship with a person that a Few of You Knew As bananaassasin988 Asgards Became Fully Fleshed out as an Original Thing and I Started Writing Webnovels, Rei Hikari Got an "N" Added to it which is his Middle Name "Namikaze" and is the Name of a Hero-Rank Pegasus Group Asgard who is a Cancerous Meme-making F*ck who is a Weird Gmod Video Connoisseur who is The main Protagonist of Adventurous Misfists who is a Distant Descendant of Idate Sarutobi who is Legacy of the Asgard's Main Protagonist (Idate is Still Alive and Young in Rei's Era Because Asgards Don't Age, Rei and Him Hang out often).

Speaking of Which, Pardon the Shameless Self-Advertisement but I Recommend that you Read my Novels, Just Search up "Pegasus Group Asgard" on Steam, it's a Steam Group for my Overseas Readers, I Already Completed Season 1 Episode 2 of Legacy of the Asgard on August and it's Up on there, Episode 1 is a Relatively Short Read compared to Episode 2 but I Do Insist on you Reading the Prolouge if you do Decide to take a Gander as to get a Handle on what's Going on. EDIT: ALSO CHECK OUT MY DEVIANTART JUST SEARCH BRONYGUY13, IT'S NOT CANCEROUS MS PAINT ART I SWEAR I ONLY USE PAINT TOOL SAI AND MY WACOM TABLET[SHAMELESS SELF-ADVERTISEMENT OVER :(]

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:26:24 AM by PuddinBucket »

Giving the Laws of Thermodynamics the Middle Finger since November 2000

Offline Corvixin The Dishonored

• Secretly a turtle, shhh dont tell Zafiro!
  • Superadmin
  • Veteran
  • Tortle Warlord
    • Grand Matrix Gaming
Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 02:24:27 PM

Origin of Name: Rei N. Hikari

When I First Got Steam I Originally Used the Same Username as My Email Username, But then I Realized "Oh Hey, Steam Usernames Allow Spaces" So Around the Time I got Steam I Was an Avid Fan of Megaman Battle Network, and me, being the Eurobeat-Listening Cancerous F*ckass that I am, wanted to Change my Name to the Game's protagonist, Lan Hikari / Netto Hikari but then I Thought "Jeez that Would be Unoriginal Tho" (I Know, Shocking for Someone who is 12 Years old which is the Usual Age of an Average Deviant Art Sonic OC Creator) So I Decided to Combine it with the Name of a Fanmade Vocaloid named Rei Kagene and Rei Hikari was the Result

........But then Asgards (A Race that I've Worked on Since I Was just 9 years old) got out of Creativity Limbo and After a Long but Brief Friendship with a person that a Few of You Knew As bananaassasin988 Asgards Became Fully Fleshed out as an Original Thing and I Started Writing Webnovels, Rei Hikari Got an "N" Added to it which is his Middle Name "Namikaze" and is the Name of a Hero-Rank Pegasus Group Asgard who is a Cancerous Meme-making F*ck who is a Weird Gmod Video Connoisseur who is The main Protagonist of Adventurous Misfists who is a Distant Descendant of Idate Sarutobi who is Legacy of the Asgard's Main Protagonist (Idate is Still Alive and Young in Rei's Era Because Asgards Don't Age, Rei and Him Hang out often).

Speaking of Which, Pardon the Shameless Self-Advertisement but I Recommend that you Read my Novels, Just Search up "Pegasus Group Asgard" on Steam, it's a Steam Group for my Overseas Readers, I Already Completed Season 1 Episode 2 of Legacy of the Asgard on August and it's Up on there, Episode 1 is a Relatively Short Read compared to Episode 2 but I Do Insist on you Reading the Prolouge if you do Decide to take a Gander as to get a Handle on what's Going on. EDIT: ALSO CHECK OUT MY DEVIANTART JUST SEARCH BRONYGUY13, IT'S NOT CANCEROUS MS PAINT ART I SWEAR I ONLY USE PAINT TOOL SAI AND MY WACOM TABLET[SHAMELESS SELF-ADVERTISEMENT OVER :(]
Mate, you are a cancerous meme lord XD thanks for reviving the post.

Sometimes when you win, you lose -Robin Williams

Offline PsBoxFour [LFG]

• I have a dying computer.
  • Regular
  • I'm a god damn Space Marine
Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 09:42:58 PM

How my name came to be was on YouTube, I was watching a whole lot of gun syncs by its community and I wanted to start making some gun syncs but I never came around to it, I was watching some by the one named, PsBoxOne, So I changed it a Four and thats my name in a shellnut.

DOOM Eternal: Hell on Earth
Game Show Host
House Builder
Recent Veteran
Odesza: im gonna go bleach my eyeballs now
Grand Master | Toupac: lucy quit mad maxing in a german car

Offline Ouskiller

• Can you fuking don't?
  • Superadmin
  • Savior
  • netherland Xd
Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 10:18:49 PM

How my name came to be was on YouTube, I was watching a whole lot of gun syncs by its community and I wanted to start making some gun syncs but I never came around to it, I was watching some by the one named, PsBoxOne, So I changed it a Four and thats my name in a shellnut.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PsboxOne

hello

Offline PsBoxFour [LFG]

• I have a dying computer.
  • Regular
  • I'm a god damn Space Marine
Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 10:30:19 PM

Yes

DOOM Eternal: Hell on Earth
Game Show Host
House Builder
Recent Veteran
Odesza: im gonna go bleach my eyeballs now
Grand Master | Toupac: lucy quit mad maxing in a german car

Offline jpenczek

• Administrator
  • I love Darkstorm!
Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 03:22:38 PM

First initial-last name
j-penczek
jpenczek

Offline Zafiro

• Developer
  • Manager
  • Veteran
  • (repwhoring)
    • Steam Link
Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 11:47:21 AM

I'd change my name once every 1-3 months before having any reputation and just being a minge, since I stuck to DS I stuck to this name which I originally saw someone use in wow.

It also turns out there's a certain type of entertainer with a very similar name, my old profile picture pointed that out.

Offline Linkjay

• that guy who
  • Manager
  • Savior
  • hey i do stuff
    • My website
Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 09:53:46 PM

It also turns out there's a certain type of entertainer with a very similar name, my old profile picture pointed that out.

hehehehehe

you visited this website to experience fun (you know what I mean).

Need to stalk me?

Add me on Steam

Offline Nien Nunb (Traitorous)

• Oracle of the Memes
  • Manager
  • Saint
  • Only Half Jewish
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 10:37:12 PM

hehehehehe
hehehehehe

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” – Josef Stalin

Offline Ouskiller

• Can you fuking don't?
  • Superadmin
  • Savior
  • netherland Xd
Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 11:27:06 AM

hehehehehe
hehehehehe

hello

Offline Sparky™

• Official AFK addict.
  • Superadmin
  • Sentinel
  • Garbage Member
Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 05:25:33 AM

Well SparkyTM is based off my Older username, Sparky_Panda...

I came up with that because i thought Pikachu looked like a small electric panda when i was a kid. Every time i watched Pokemon on TV i said this Out-loud. When i made my steam account i was looking to change my online name from "HugAFailure" another name i regularly used on Xbox. and so  Sparky_panda was born.

K-D
I made Hugafailure Because when i would go 50-0 On BF3, i would say, and i quote, "MAN i wanna give those failures a hug!"  And that was born.
GhillieArab was made as my pro account and is pretty self explanatory.

All you server vets have seen me as Sparky_panda.

If anyone here has been raped on BF3, MW2, or BFH by Hugafailure OR GhillieArab on Xbox, Or GhillieArab on PS3, Than that was ME.

Offline Sky

• Lemon
  • Regular
  • Ganon In a Cannon Eating a cup of Dannon Yogurt
    • Just my steam profile :P
Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 11:57:08 AM

Well, My Ingame name originates from about 8 years ago. I was 6 and I just got minecraft pocket edition as I was a mobile user. I also followed a youtuber at the time named skydoesminecraft. I really liked the name and used it as my IGN. After a couple years Me and my sisters found out about roblox. I came up with the name Skydoesroblox453 and SkythekidRB. Thankfully I forgot the passwords so those accounts are long gone. When I got the Java edition of minecraft I was over the whole skydoesminecraft craze but still liked the name Sky. So I made the name DJSky being the edgy preteen I was. The name practically spread to all my accounts. until I went on one garry's mod server (not darkstorm), and people started calling me DJP*ssy. In response, I changed my name to Sky the fox as I was into Sonic at the time and I had a OC that was well, the blue fox we all love/hate today. after a while I lost interest in Sonic for a year or two. so I dropped the "the fox" part in favor of keeping it simply sky. (oh yeah, somewhere inbetween I had a name Skyeye994 as it was the name of my spore race I created.) And thats my edgy and somewhat stupid story of my IGN.

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

Offline {CD}AtoMix27

• particles
  • who the fricc do you think I am
Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 01:30:07 PM

my name changed about 4 times or so

but the first name was "MixTape" (pretty generic i know) but then came a deathrun server i found (its probably dead already now) which i was member on which now appeared this: "[FO]MixTape" and then other stuff happened, a while later i was on rp (typical back in the days) and i was hearing "mixtapes are so outdated" so then I was thinking and then bam "[CD]MixDrive" which was now more commonly known for a while. then i came across phoenix build server where I met some people by the names of "DotaFish," "Nwhis," and so on. eventually a long while later, i had a source dedicated server that eventually died bc forget that, and during the time I had the name "{CD}MixDrive," then a while later the main phoenix build server was dying, then came the phoenix build v2 then that died then there was some other thing that I somehow was admin on and it was the carbuild map  and uh stuff and then it died as well as the other phoenix build things and then during that time I was thinking of a new name and then...

it happened

The name you all know today, "{CD}AtoMix27."
and yeah thats basically it, the {CD} represents absolutely nothing now and is just a thing that pretty much branched off of the "[FO]" thing (FO stands for Forbidden Oblivion aka ded server)

also this might not be accurate but who cares at least you have some info

phoenix build also died because bryant happened

and the first and second name just so happened to be on a different steam account than the one that I'm usually using (maybe the third too)
dont ask why i had a second account
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:56:54 PM by {CD}AtoMix27 »

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistaged aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.

What else do you expect me to put here? A damned lenny face? Fine, here.

Offline Legomenon

• Superadmin
  • Is it the end of the road so soon?
Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 01:53:02 PM

I got Minecraft in 2012 when I turned 11. I had been familiar with the dumbed down browser version and the 3-day demo for months so you can probably tell I knew what creepers were. Being young and stupid, I had tried a variety of creeper-related names like CreeperKiller, CreeperGamer etc. Eventually, for some reason, I settled on XLCREEPER. I kept that name with mild adjustments (THE XLCREEPER) and though I didn't play Minecraft much anymore after 2016, I felt emotionally that I should stand up for what I wanted to be called, regardless of the hate I got for it in games like GMod, TF2, YouTube, etc.

Around April(the 1st to be exact) on 2018, I sort of snapped. It had been a few days since I had been wrongly discriminated against and exiled from Mystic Rail, Fc&n and the like. My videos on YouTube were averaging 20-50 views unlike the near 20,000 I had gotten on a Fnaf Minecraft video a couple years before. My artwork only got 2 or 3 views. Communities were dying and I had no motivation to animate any basic Minecraft stuff anymore. I decided to change my name and in an April Fool's name swap with 12 I decided I'd make my name after my father's former RuneScape game, Legomenon. While people seem to be too lazy to pronounce it correctly, it seemed a lot better than "XLCREEPER" would feel to prove, had I kept it. This forum is one of the few places I haven't adjusted it, and I don't know when I will change it.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.